Certificate for the theoretical course
It is a universal gift that can be presented both to a passionate lover of sea adventures and to a man who is just beginning to dip into the world of yachting.
The theoretic course consists of 10 classes, lasting 2 hours. Our school provides the opportunity to undergo training in two ways: in the office or remotely.
Gift certificate is packed as a gift in a nice box with a ribbon.
Delivery and return policy
In the classes we consider the following topics:
1. Weather: atmospheric pressure, Coriolis rule, cyclone and anticyclone, cold and warm fronts; the Beaufort and Peterson scales; cloud observations; sources of weather forecasting; local anomalies; night and day breezes; world winds; fog; actions during weather worsening.
2. Radio communication and GMDSS elements: Simplex-duplex communication; the SOLAS convention; Call sign; Mayday, Pan-Pan, Securite, general communication; VHF channels; GMDSS system; radar; depth sounder; GPS; EPIRB; SART; A.I.S.
3. International rules for preventing collision of vessels, COLREGs: priority; signs and signs on bridges; movement along rivers; Traffic Separation Scheme, TSS.
4. Safety on the yacht: means of safety on the yacht; fire, preventive measures, fire triangle, fire extinguishers, fire blanket; life jackets; man overboard, MoB, preventive measures; means and ways of calling for help; pyrotechnics; life raft; rescue operation by helicopter.
5. Lighthouses and beacons: IALA system; lateral signs; cardinal signs; the leading signs; beacons, sector beacons, colors and characteristics of lights, TSS.
6. Basic maneuvers, mooring, anchorage: types of bottom; types of anchors; choice of anchorage; maneuvers in acute and complete courses, through the staff, through the stern; tacking; to buoy; towing; gateways; forward and backward movement; longside.
7. Yacht stability, sail theory, Pivot Point.
8. Navigation lights and signals: navigation lights during day and night; sound signals; actions in case of reduced visibility; other ways of calling for help.
9. Tides (optional): terminology of tides; zero card; time UTC / GMT; the tidal curve; calculation methods for main and secondary ports.
10. Individual lessons 1-2 people: navigation, working with a map, putting positions on the map.
The philosophy of our school is not only high-quality training in the management of a sailing yacht, but also the unification of like-minded people and the further accompaniment of our cadets, for subsequent independent steps in yachting. We want to make yachting accessible to everyone.